CthulhuTech - Once Were Men
Secret Transmission 01
NEG TRANSMISSION 21345589 CLASSIFICATION TOP SECRET / PARADISE COIL CIRCULATION WITHIN RESTRICTED CHANNELS ONLY DO NOT COPY
1. (S / ORCON) PARADISE COIL are an archaeosapient species that, according to information derived from the 1930-31 Miskatonic University Pabodie Expedition Report, arrived on Earth sometime between the Lower Imbrian Era (approximately 3850 mya) and the Eoarchean Era (approximately 3800 mya).
2. (TS / ORCON / WNINTEL) RAINBOW HELIX, RAINBOW WHISPER, and VICTOR HANDSHAKE all indicate that PARADISE COIL is responsible for the creation of aerobic life on Earth, possibly as an exercise in terraforming activity near the end of the Lower Imbrian Era. They continued to modify existing species and create new life forms until their extinction during the Pleistocene Epoch (2.588 to 0.126 mya). Hominids, possibly up to and including Homo sapiens, were among the species they either directly created or extensively modified.
3. (TS / ORCON) RAINBOW HELIX, RAINBOW WHISPER, VICTOR HANDSHAKE, and the 1930-31 Miskatonic University Pabodie Expedition Report confirm that PARADISE COIL fought against the Migou, NORTHEAST BOOK, and NIGHTMARE GREEN during the Jurassic and Cretacious Periods. There is no direct information to suggest that PARADISE COIL ever came directly into conflict with BLUE HADES, but the relationship between BLUE HADES and NIGHTMARE GREEN makes such a conflict likely. PARADISE COIL became extinct on Earth during the Pleistocene Epoch (2.588 to 0.126 mya), following a final revolt by PARADISE COIL JINX. However, intact specimins unearthed should be assumed to be in stasis and capable of reanimation.
4. (C / ORCON) PARADISE COIL is a roughly cylindrical life form, standing two to three meters tall with a 1 meter central diameter tapering at either end to 25 to 35 cenitmeters diameter. They have 2.5 to 3.5 meter long wings which are capable of being retracted entirely within their bodies. The overall structure is radially symmetrical along the long axis of the form. The head is starfish-shaped with five cilliated eyestalks, five 1-meter-long pentafurcated tentacles are evenly spaced around the central diameter, and five heavier tentacles are evenly spaced around the base. PARADISE COIL possesses gills and lungs, and is adapted to an amphibious lifestyle. In addition, PARADISE COIL is capable of both atmospheric and apparently unprotected and unaided interstellar flight. Analysis of PARADISE COIL tissue samples reveals double helix DNA composed of adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine bases along with three additional bases pairs not found in terrestrial life.
5. (C) The military capabilities of PARADISE COIL are unknown, except that they were sufficient to hold their own in conflicts against the Migou, NORTHEAST BOOK, NIGHTMARE GREEN, and PARADISE COIL JINX. The 1930-31 Miskatonic University Pabodie Expedition Report references “curious weapons of molecular and atomic disturbance”, but no functional samples have been found.
6. (C) If PARADISE COIL is encountered during a field operation, all units are ordered to not initiate an engagement. The appearance of PARADISE COIL on Earth would indicate that either 1) one or more members of the species have revived or 2) PARADISE COIL has once again expressed an interest in Earth. In either event, further instructions must be obtained before making contact.