CthulhuTech - Once Were Men
Secret Transmission 02
NEG TRANSMISSION 11235813 CLASSIFICATION TOP SECRET / PARADISE COIL JINX CIRCULATION WITHIN RESTRICTED CHANNELS ONLY DO NOT COPY
1. (S / ORCON) PARADISE COIL JINX are a construct species that, according to information derived from the 1930-31 Miskatonic University Pabodie Expedition Report, were created by PARADISE COIL no later than the end of the Devonian Period (approximately 375 mya) and possibly as early as the Eoarchean Era (approximately 3800 mya). PARADISE COIL JINX were used primarily as construction equipment, although PARADISE COIL records dating to the Permian Period indicate that they could serve adequately as war machinery.
2. (TS / ORCON / WNINTEL) RAINBOW HELIX, RAINBOW WHISPER, and VICTOR HANDSHAKE all deny that PARADISE COIL JINX ever existed.
3. (TS / ORCON) There is no reliable information to suggest that BLUE HADES or the Migou are able to command or control PARADISE COIL JINX.
4. (C / ORCON) PARADISE COIL JINX takes the form of “a viscous jelly which [looks] like an agglutination of bubbles… each of which [averages] about fifteen feet in diameter when a sphere. They [have], however, a constantly shifting shape and volume; throwing out temporary developments or forming apparent organs of sight, hearing, and speech in imitation of their masters, either spontaneously or according to suggestion.” They were designed to be primarily aquatic, but are fully capable of functioning on land. Although a diameter of fifteen feet is mentioned as an average, there is no reason to assume that PARADISE COIL JINX is limited to this size.
5. (TS / ORCON / SCI) Analysis of PARADISE COIL JINX tissue samples reveals double helix DNA composed of adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine bases, possessing a structure resembling the human mitochondrial genome. The cells function superficially like totipotent stem cells; they are able to differentiate into any other form of cell, but possess the unique ability to dedifferentiate back into their original state once the cell has performed its function. Field observation and laboratory analysis indicate that PARADISE COIL JINX possess no discrete organ systems. PARADISE COIL JINX is capable of metabolizing any known terrestrial biological matter.
6. (C) PARADISE COIL JINX lack of a defined anatomy makes it functionally immune to conventional weapons. Kinetic weapons and poisons are useless. Gross tissue damage from burning (chemical or thermal) is effective, but the target must be burned entirely to ash in order to kill it. PARADISE COIL JINX is capable of recovering from any amount of damage in time, particularly with access to food.
7. (C) If PARADISE COIL JINX is encountered during a field operation, all units are ordered to not initiate an engagement. Keep PARADISE COIL JINX under observation and contact your superior officer.